Friday, January 09, 2009

Omar Abdullah

For those of you who don’t know, he is the latest chief Minister of the state of Jammu and kashmir in India.

Is he as secular as he pretends he is ?

hmm.. I don’t know. I would like to think that and sincerely hope that all he wants he is the well being of the ‘state’ – that means Jammu, Kashmir and Leh, while being a part of India.

Since winning election and getting to the CM position, he has made quite a few statements stressing upon the ‘separatist’ elements and finding a solution to the ‘Kashmir problem’. That to me seems a problem in itself.

Anyone who has followed that region in the recent past, will know that the solution to that problem lies south to that region, New Delhi to be precise. Whosoever mentions the ‘separatist’ forces, is giving them undue publicity, and I DO NOT believe that Omar is that foolish.

What is his agenda ? I don’t know, but I wish it is pro-India.